Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
It’s that time again! Your 2022 membership dues invoices are now available on your account portals. We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your support. We value all contributions to the Forensic Sciences Foundation (FSF), and memberships make up the lifeblood of our organization. Your involvement is important and very much appreciated.
We know people have busy lives, so we wanted to provide you with the payment due date of 12/31/21. If you are deciding on whether to renew or simply haven’t gotten around to it yet, please let us supply you with the benefits of membership:
- Discounted registration rate for the AAFS Annual Scientific Conference
- Digital Subscription to the internationally recognized Journal of Forensic Sciences (JFS)
- Complete JFS—Containing the full contents of each issue, including the ability to download
- JFS—Free download available
- Assistance in researching JFS archive articles
- The AAFS Newsfeed and Newsfeed e-alerts
- AAFS website, which features news of interest and upcoming meetings
- Discounts on educational books, video content, and other resources
- Job opportunities, expert witness referrals, scientific reference studies, and the opportunity to collaborate with the world’s premier forensic scientists in a wide variety of professional disciplines
- Annual membership card
- AAFS membership history
- Dues History
- Account Services
- Meetings Certificates
- Ability to join mentorship programs
- Ability to conduct and host educational webinars
- Vast networking opportunities
- Career and CV growth
- Continuing Education Credits
- ASB Standards
- Opportunity to serve on Academy-wide and section committees.
- Opportunity (for voting members) to have a voice in AAFS bylaws, policies, decision-making, etc.
- Opportunity to apply for grants, scholarships, and award funding
- Opportunity to advance to a status (Retired Member/Retired Fellow) that includes complimentary annual dues and possibly complimentary meeting registration
The membership dues invoices will be digital unless you opt in to receive a paper invoice. To do this, please log into your new AAFS account and click on preferences tab, then check the box to opt in to mailed dues invoices.
We hope that you will take the time to renew your membership and remain part of our community. It couldn’t be easier—just click the link below to log in and pay your membership dues:
Your financial contributions truly are vital to our existence, but so is your membership—just knowing that you support what we are doing keeps us going.