Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
The Forensic Research Committee (FRC) of the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD) announce three awards for 2021:
- 2nd Annual Innovation Award: the objective is to acknowledge operational scientists who incorporate cutting-edge techniques to the practice of forensic science, and call attention to their work.
- Outstanding Evaluation/Validation Award: the goal is to recognize an outstanding evaluation/validation study that has been submitted to the FRC repository (https://www.ascld.org/validation-evaluation-repository/
- LEAP Collaboration Award: the goal of the award is to highlight a collaborative partnership between an academic lab and an operational forensic lab who are LEAP partners and whose work is a significant contribution to forensic science.
Eligibility: open to scientists from all disciplines such as Bio/DNA, drug chemistry, toxicology, fingerprints, questioned documents, trace/microscopy, firearms/toolmarks, and digital/multimedia sciences in operational forensic labs or research laboratories.
- Complete the application, found at https://www.ascld.org/nominations/
- Include a 1 – 2 page description of the project, specifically addressing the criteria listed in the application
- Submit the completed application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
The winner will be recognized at the 2021 ASCLD Annual Symposium. They will receive a plaque and a unique electronic award icon for use on letterhead, reports, e-mail signatures, etc.
For additional information: https://www.ascld.org/forensic-research-committee/