Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Source: Teresa Ambrosius, ASB Secretariat
ASB Documents Open for Public Comment
The AAFS Standards Board (ASB) encourages all interested parties to provide comments on documents in progress.
The public comment period has opened for:
- Recirculation* – ASB Standard 098, Standard for Mass Spectral Data Acceptance in Forensic Toxicology, First Edition (Comment deadline: January 18, 2021)
- Recirculation* – ASB Standard 113, Standard for Identification Criteria in Forensic Toxicology, First Edition (Comment deadline: January 18, 2021)
- ASB Standard 139, Reporting DNA Conclusions, First Edition (Comment deadline: January 18, 2021)
The following document are also available for public comment:
- Recirculation* – ASB Standard 061, Firearms and Toolmarks 3D Measurement Systems and Measurement Quality Control, First Edition (ASB Comment deadline: January 14, 2021)
- ASB Standard 127, Standard for the Preservation and Examination of Charred Documents, First Edition (Comment deadline: December 14, 2020)
- ASB Standard 128, Standard for the Preservation and Examination of Liquid-Soaked Documents, First Edition (Comment Deadline, December 14, 2020)
- ASB Standard 132, Standard for Population Affinity Estimation in Forensic Anthropology, First Edition (Comment deadline: December 7, 2020)
*Please note that comments on a recirculation will only be accepted on revised sections of a document; comments made to text not revised from the original public comment period will not be accepted.
The documents, comment template, and additional information can be accessed through the Notification of Standard Development and Coordination portion of the ASB website.
The 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting Program Information Is Available and Registration Is Now Live!
The Board of Directors, Annual Program Committee, and Staff are eager to invite you to register for the 73rd Annual Scientific Meeting and the FIRST VIRTUAL MEETING! We have all been working diligently to offer most of the functions presented at a live meeting. Visit the 73rd Annual AAFS Scientific Meeting website.
Contribute to the ASB
Your contribution will help ensure the ASB’s success in establishing standards and best practices for the forensic science community. Your contribution may be tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense for federal income tax purposes. Make a donation.
ASB Updates From ANSI Standards Action
To view a summary of items of interest to ASB members in American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standards Action, visit the ANSI Standards Action Weekly Report folder on the ASB Workspace page. Please contact email@example.com if you have difficulties logging on to the Workspace site.