Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Source: Teresa Ambrosius, ASB Secretariat
ASB Documents Open for Public Comment
The AAFS Standards Board (ASB) encourages all interested parties to provide comments on documents in progress. The following documents are available for Public Comment:
- Recirculation* – ASB Standard 054, Standard for a Quality Control Program in Forensic Toxicology Laboratories, First Edition (Comment deadline: October 5, 2020)
- ASB Standard 076, Standard for Training and Certification of Canine Detection of Human Remains: Human Remains on Land, First Edition (Commend deadline: October 26, 2020)
- Recirculation* – ASB Standard 130, Standard for Training in Forensic DNA Amplification Methods for Subsequent Capillary Electrophoresis Sequencing, First Edition (Comment deadline: October 26, 2020)
- Recirculation* – ASB Standard 131, Standard for Training in Forensic DNA Sequencing Using Capillary Electrophoresis, First Edition (Comment deadline: October 26, 2020)
- ASB Standard 136, Forensic Laboratory Standards for Prevention, Monitoring, and Mitigation of DNA Contamination, First Edition (Comment deadline: September 28, 2020)
*Please note that comments on a recirculation will only be accepted on revised sections of a document; comments made to text not revised from the original public comment period will not be accepted.
The documents, comment template, and additional information can be accessed through the Notification of Standard Development and Coordination section of the ASB website.
Contribute to the ASB
Your contribution will help ensure the ASB’s success in establishing standards and best practices for the forensic science community. Your contribution may be tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense for federal income tax purposes. Make a donation.
ASB Updates From ANSI Standards Action
To view a summary of items of interest to ASB members in the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standards Action, visit the ANSI Standards Action Weekly Report folder on the ASB Workspace page. Please contact email@example.com if you have difficulties logging on to the Workspace site.