Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Source: Teresa Ambrosius, ASB Secretariat
New DNA Standard Published!
The AAFS Standards Board (ASB) is pleased to announce the publication of ANSI/ASB Standard 022, Standard for Forensic DNA Analysis Training Programs, First Edition, 2019. This standard provides the general requirements for a forensic DNA laboratory’s training program in DNA analysis, including data interpretation. Click HERE for more information.
ASB Documents Open for Public Comment
The ASB encourages all interested parties to provide comments on documents in progress. The following documents are available for public comment:
- Re-circulation*—ASB Standard 053, Standard for Report Content in Forensic Toxicology, First Edition (Comment Deadline, September 16, 2019)
- ASB Standard 061, Firearms and Toolmarks 3D Measurement Systems and Measurement Quality Control, First Edition (Comment Deadline, August 26, 2019)
- ASB Standard 062, Standard for Topography Comparison Software for Toolmark Analysis, First Edition (Comment Deadline, August 26, 2019)
- ASB Standard 063, Implementation of 3D Technologies in Forensic Firearm and Toolmark Comparison Laboratories, First Edition (Comment Deadline, August 26, 2019)
- Re-circulation*—ASB Standard 088, General Guidelines for Training, Certification, and Documentation of Canine Detection Disciplines, First Edition (Comment Deadline, August 26, 2019)
- Re-circulation*—ASB Standard 099, Standard for Footwear/Tire Examination Proficiency Testing Program, First Edition (Comment Deadline, September 16, 2019)
*Please note that comments on a re-circulation will only be accepted on revised sections of a document; comments made to text not revised from the original public comment period will not be accepted.
The documents, comment template, and additional information can be accessed through the Notification of Standard Development and Coordination section of the ASB website.
ASB Updates From ANSI Standards Action
To view a summary of items of interest to ASB members in the ANSI Standards Action reports, visit the ANSI Standards Action Weekly Report folder on the ASB Workspace page. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have difficulties logging on to the Workspace site.