Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Source: Zeno Geradts, PhD, AAFS Past Presidents Council Chair
The AAFS Past Presidents Council is disheartened by the sad news that Carol Henderson passed away. Carol was very involved in forensic science and education. Due to her important commitment to forensic science and her dedication to the Forensic Sciences Foundation (FSF), the Past Presidents Council proposes to have donations given to the FSF in memory of Carol.
If you would like to make a donation to the FSF in memory of Carol, you may do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the FSF website: https://fsf.aafs.org/.
- At the bottom of the home page in the “Contribute” box, select “Read more.”
- Select “100% of your contribution can go to the Endowment Fund.” Click Donate. (This will launch PayPal.)
- Type in amount of the donation.
- Select “Donate with a Debit or Credit Card.”
- Click on “Donation in Honor or Memory of” (Note: There is not a box, just a white area on the screen.) Type in “Carol Henderson.”
- Complete the remaining questions (i.e., Credit Card # and Billing Address).
- Select the “Donate Now” button.
The present coronavirus lockdown does not permit Carol’s friends and family to organize or hold an appropriate memorial service. Once they are able to do so, the information will be posted HERE.
To send flowers to the family or plant a tree in memory of Carol, please visit Tribute Store.
Our deepest condolences go to Carol’s family, friends, and colleagues around the world. Thank you.