Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
The Forensic Sciences Foundation (FSF) is pleased to offer Travel Grants for students to assist with travel expenses in attending the American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) Annual Scientific Meeting in New Orleans, LA. The FSF Board of Trustees has allocated $12,000, not to exceed $1,500 per student, including complimentary meeting registration. This is a wonderful opportunity, and members are encouraged to promote it.
Travel Grant Eligibility Requirements:
- Prior Student Travel Grant award recipients are not eligible to reapply.
- The applicant must either be an AAFS member/affiliate or an AAFS applicant for membership.
- The applicant must have submitted an abstract either as a presenter or co-author for the annual meeting he/she will be attending.
- The applicant must be a fourth-year undergraduate or a graduate student at an accredited four-year college, university, or professional school whose accreditation is acceptable to the FSF Board of Trustees.
- The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her advisor or professor.
- The applicant must submit a 400- to 600-word essay explaining how attendance at an AAFS meeting will impact his/her career decision.
- The applicant must submit a curriculum vitae to include specifics regarding their involvement in forensic science and their current grade point average.
All submissions must be completed and received by October 15. The deadline is firm with no extension. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed. Please submit the aforementioned Travel Grant Requirements electronically to Kimberly Wrasse at email@example.com, or by mail to: Kimberly Wrasse, FSF, 410 North 21st Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80904. The FSF will confirm receipt of all submissions within two business days. If confirmation is not received within two business days, the applicant should contact Kimberly Wrasse at firstname.lastname@example.org.