Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
The Brazilian Academy of Forensic Sciences is proud to announce its third biennial InterForensics meeting, to be held from November 2–5, 2021, in the beautiful capital city of Curitiba, located in the southern State of Paraná, Brazil. Curitiba is filled with many wondrous and beautiful sights, including the Botanical Garden, which has been elected as one of the Seven Wonders of Brazil. The tubular structure of the Ópera de Arame and the mix of architecture art, proposed by the Oscar Niemeyer Museum, are also references in local tourism, and there is so much more!
The Brazilian Academy of Forensic Sciences, the Center for Forensic Science Research & Education, and the Forensic Sciences Foundation have partnered again to offer the phenomenal Young Forensic Scientists Scholarship. This amazing scholarship offers young forensic scientists with five (5) years of forensic experience or less the opportunity to present at the meeting. There are only three qualifications for this unique scholarship opportunity:
- Applicant must have five (5) years of forensic experience or less
- Applicant must be a member of AAFS in one of the following categories: (i) student affiliate, (ii) associate, (iii) trainee, or (iv) full member with AAFS.
- Applicant must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
If you meet these criteria or know someone who does, please consider applying for this unique scholarship opportunity.
What does this scholarship opportunity consist of?
First and foremost, it is a chance to present a selected abstract during a 20-minute presentation at the biennial meeting in the fabulous city of Curitiba. The scholarship also covers the following:
- Coach air ticket to the host city in Brazil
- Hotel stay during the biennial meeting in the host city
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the associated venue
- Free registration for the event
- Airport pick-up
- A student guide to the magnificent host city
How to apply
Follow these easy steps:
- All candidates must submit an abstract through the website of the event: https://www.interforensics.com
- Papers from any field of forensic sciences are eligible
- Submissions must be written in English
- In the first page of submission, the candidate must fill in the Agency Promotion field with YFSS
- The abstract must have a minimum of 300 words, and its maximum size cannot exceed one page, including any figures and tables, according to the format provided in the official event template with the total words of the summary text, except title, authors, institutional affiliations, and keywords
- All candidates must upload the complete abstract file in Word format (.doc), already containing figures and tables, according to the formatting provided in the official template of the event
- The abstracts must be submitted by Saturday, August 14, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST. Late entries will not be accepted. Be certain to submit early!
- Click HERE for abstract submission form
The selection process
- All submissions will be reviewed by AAFS members or fellows who will score the submitted abstract
- The highest scores from the top ten (10) to fifteen (15) manuscripts will be considered and reviewed by members of the Brazilian Academy of Forensic Sciences, the Center for Forensic Science Research & Education, and the Forensic Sciences Foundation
- The selected manuscripts will be evaluated by representatives from the Brazilian Academy of Forensic Sciences, the Center for Forensic Science Research & Education, and the Forensic Sciences Foundation, who will select the three scholarship recipients
Don’t forget, all abstracts must be received by Saturday, August 14, 2021, at 11:59 PM EST for consideration. If you have any questions or concerns about the scholarship, do not hesitate to reach out at any time (firstname.lastname@example.org) or you may contact Joao Carlos Ambrosio (email@example.com).