Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
The pre-registration deadline to for the 73rd AAFS Annual Scientific Meeting is Monday, January 18. If you are still hesitant about attending this virtual conference, below are 10 reasons why you should.
1. Cost Savings – with the virtual conference, there is no need to book travel, make hotel reservations, or spend extra money on meals. Additionally, registration rates are 50% less than a typical in-person meeting.
2. Accessibility/Flexibility – with hundreds of presentations, workshops, case break sessions, and other events–so many, in fact, that it is often impossible to attend everything, the virtual platform allows you to pick and choose topics and speakers that are in line with your professional goals–all from the comfort of your own home.
3. Packed Agenda – with 560+ oral presentations, 380+ poster presentations, workshops, case break sessions, keynote address, plenary session, and more, you will find that the virtual meeting has plenty to offer over the five-day period.
4. Networking – take advantage of the opportunity to connect with worldwide leaders in every discipline, discuss topics of mutual interest, and create long-lasting professional relationships.
5. Access to Content – if you miss a session, no worries! Presentations will be recorded and all educational content will be available for up to three months after the conference.
6. Continuing Education – attendees have the opportunity to request Continuing Education credit and a certificate that is available at a typical in-person meeting.
7. Exhibit Hall – without bumping into others, you can cruise through the virtual exhibits to gain new industry insights and to learn more about the latest in forensic science technology.
8. Gamification – you will want to participate in this fun activity where you can go on a virtual scavenger hunt to win amazing prizes!
9. Complimentary Registration for 2022 Meeting – attendees will have the chance to win one of several free meeting registrations being offered for the 2022 meeting in Seattle, WA.
10. Online Shopping – browse through the AAFS store to purchase meeting apparel (t-shirts, hoodies, caps, and more) and have it shipped directly to you.
Don’t delay. Register today by clicking HERE!