Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Sources: Toxicology Section Officers and Program Committee
With the 4th of July already past, important deadlines for AAFS 2020 in Anaheim, CA (February 17–22), are almost here. Please see hyperlinks below for detailed information.
Abstract Submissions: August 1, 2019
- Oral and Poster presentations, Workshops, Breakfast and Luncheon Sessions
- AAFS 2020 Meeting Theme: “Crossing Borders”
- Please contact section Program Chair Sabra Botch-Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Co-Chair Laureen Marinetti (email@example.com) with questions about workshop suggestions or other program ideas.
Abstract Reviewers and Moderators: August 1, 2019
- Return disclosure forms to AAFS (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible to be granted access to abstracts and/or serve as a moderator!
Section Award Nominations: August 1, 2019
- Contact Timothy Rohrig (email@example.com), Toxicology Section Awards and Scholarship Committee Chair, with your nominations
- Please reference Policy and Procedure Manual Section 184.108.40.206 (pages 147–149) for award guidelines
- Alexander O. Gettler Award—Analytical Achievement in Forensic Toxicology
- Rolla N. Harger Award—Outstanding Contributions in Forensic Toxicology
- Ray Abernethy Award—Outstanding Forensic Toxicology Practitioner
- Irving Sunshine Award—Outstanding Research by a Young Investigator
- June K. Jones Scholarship (2)—Research students pursuing advanced degrees
Membership and Promotion: October 1, 2019
- Basic Membership Requirements
- Basic Promotion Requirements