Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Source: Patrick Buzzini, PhD, Criminalistics Section Awards Committee Co-Chair
The Criminalistics Section Awards Committee is seeking nominees to receive the 2022 Paul L. Kirk Award and the Mary E. Cowan Outstanding Service Award. The awards are described below, and previous recipients can be found HERE.
The Paul L. Kirk Award:
- This award shall be bestowed upon a person, living or dead, who has accomplished one or both of the following:
- Developed a method that greatly improves the capacity or accuracy of criminalistics or forensic science.
- Performed a special service that results in marked improvement in the quality, recognition, or acceptance of criminalistics or forensic science.
- The nominee for this award must have been a member of the Criminalistics Section at the time of the achievement.
The Mary E. Cowan Outstanding Service Award:
- This award will be bestowed upon a person who has accomplished or performed a special service or a history of service to the Criminalistics Section, the Academy, or forensic science.
- The nominee must be a member of the Criminalistics Section at the time of the special service.
We know there are many deserving Criminalistics Section members out there, so we need your help to narrow down the choices. Please submit your nominees to 2020-2021 Criminalistics Section Awards Committee Co-Chairs Patrick Buzzini (email@example.com) or Kristy Kadash (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 15, 2021.