Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Source: Joyce P. Williams, DNP, Forensic Nursing Science Section Chair
The deadline is closing for abstract submissions for oral, poster, case studies, and workshops. The Program Committee is actively seeking moderators for the sessions. If you can volunteer for a segment (usually 90 minutes), please contact Co-Chairs Kelly Berishaj (email@example.com) or Janean Fossum (firstname.lastname@example.org). Training is provided to help you navigate the responsibilities. Moderating a session also counts toward moving your status within the section. The deadline to submit abstracts is August 1, 2022.
We are accepting nominations for two awards:
- The Forensic Nurse Scientist Award: This award is given to a forensic nurse scholar who is an AAFS Forensic Nursing Science Section member in good standing who is actively engaged in advancing the science of forensic nursing. Forensic nurses nominated for this award demonstrate significant achievement in the areas of forensic nursing research development, implementation, translation, and/or dissemination. These scholarly contributions help advance the scientific discipline of nursing and improve health and legal outcomes of patients affected by trauma, violence, and maltreatment. Click HERE for nomination form.
- The Virginia Lynch Forensic Nurse Innovator Award: This award is given to a forensic nurse who is an AAFS Forensic Nursing Science Section member in good standing who is actively engaged in forensic nursing leadership, practice, service, and/or education. Forensic nurses nominated for this award demonstrate significant achievement in advancing forensic nursing through endeavors that help improve health and legal outcomes in patients affected by trauma, violence, and maltreatment. Activities include the delivery of exceptional, evidence-based, high-quality patient care; transformative leadership practices; advancement of the specialty through professional service contributions; and/or engagement in the development and delivery of quality forensic nursing education. Click HERE for nomination form.
Nominators must submit the following materials:
- Award application
- Nominee curriculum vitae
- Two letters of support that can attest to the nominee’s contributions highlighted in the award’s application.
a. One from an AAFS member in good standing
b. One from a professional colleague
● Nominations will be accepted between July 1 and August 31, 2022. Applications submitted after August 31 will not be considered
● All materials requested under Awards Requirements must be submitted or the application will not be considered
● Candidates may be self nominations or submitted on behalf of another member
● Applications should be submitted for one award only—please do not nominate candidates for more than one award
● Application materials should be combined together as one PDF document and submitted as an attachment
● Nominators should submit all application materials to the Awards Committee at email@example.com by August 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
● Award recipients will be notified by October 31, 2022
● Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Members, please update your profile on the AAFS website, especially your current email addresses.