Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Source: Shawn K. West, MSFS Criminalistics Liaison to the ABC Board of Directors
The ABC Board of Directors recognizes that the recertification process has become burdensome and has created significant challenges for our certificants. We are actively overhauling the recertification process.
The Board has approved the following interim changes as we work to improve the recertification process:
- The 2018 recertification deadline for submitting recertification packets or additional documentation to packets already submitted will be adjusted from March 1, 2019, to April 1, 2019.
- The late fee will not apply until after April 1, 2019.
- Packets that have been submitted may be supplemented with additional information.
- For Section IIIA or Specialty Area Activities:
- Training with a minimum of three scheduled hours is equal to one half day and a minimum of six scheduled hours is equal to one full day.
- Training sessions that are less than three hours can be combined to meet these minimum requirements.
If you wish to resubmit your Recertification Packet, especially in light of the updated guidelines for training sessions, please follow these instructions:
- If you originally submitted your Recertification Packet via US Mail, you must resubmit via U.S. mail. Please update your Recertification Packet and write “Resubmission” on the top of the first page to alert the Registrar that you are resubmitting. Please mail the Recertification Packet to the ABC Registrar’s Office at P.O. Box 1358, Palmetto, FL, 34220.
- If you originally submitted your Recertification Packet via the electronic system, you have two choices:
- The preferred method is by editing your original Recertification Packet. The email that was sent to you as verification that you submitted your Recertification Packet has an option for you to edit your submission. By editing your original submission, you will be able to make only the necessary changes (including resubmission of documentation) without having to complete the entire packet again.
- If you did not receive this verification email or if you have already deleted it or cannot find it, you can also just fill out the form(s) again and submit again.
If you have any questions regarding how to resubmit your forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the current recertification process, please email email@example.com.