Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the articles contained in the Academy News are those of the identified authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the Academy.
Source: Sabra Botch-Jones, MS, Section Chair
With the 2022 Annual Conference only one month away, there are a few things members of the AAFS Toxicology Section need to know.
- The first ever AAFS hybrid meeting will be held February 21-25, 2022 in Seattle, WA or a device of your choice!
- We are excited to announce that Alex Krotulski will receive the Irving Sunshine Award, Dani Mata will receive the Ray Abernethy Award, Jeri Ropero-Miller will receive the Rolla N. Harger Award, and the Alexander O. Gettler Award will be awarded to Karl Verebey.
- The preliminary program is available online!
- The Toxicology Section is excited to offer a jam-packed agenda:
- Monday February 21 – Workshop #6 “Impairment: A Look at Causes, Data, and Policies”
- Tuesday February 22 – Workshop #16 “The Neurobiology and Toxicology of Aggression”
- Tuesday February 22 – Workshop #20 “Novel Synthetic Opioids (NSO) in a Post-Fentanyl Analog Environment”
- Wednesday February 23 – Toxicology Section Luncheon and Business Meeting. No virtual attendance option will be available. Separate registration fee applicable for luncheon. Please note, attendance at section business meetings is now required for promotion to full Member and Fellow.
- Wednesday February 23 – AAFS Annual Business Meeting. Virtual attendance option available.
- Wednesday February 23 – Toxicology Poster Session 7:30 to 9:00 pm
- Thursday February 24 – Scientific sessions including:
- Annual Lectureship
- Drugs and Driving Special Session
- Novel Psychoactive Substances
- Alternative Matrices
- Thursday February 24 – Toxicology Open Forum 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Friday February 19 – Scientific Sessions including:
- Postmortem Toxicology
- General Forensic Toxicology
The Toxicology Section is also very excited for this year’s Annual Lectureship in Toxicology which will be held Thursday, February 24, featuring Daniele Piomelli, PhD, MD (hon). Dr. Piomelli will presenting Long-Term Consequences of Adolescence THC Exposure: It’s Time to Take a Fresh Look.
We look forward to seeing you in Seattle or virtually next month!
Sabra, Madeleine, Mandi, and Diane
Toxicology Section Leadership